We deliver on this requirement by*:
- CSIRO Innovation Fund, managed by Main Sequence Ventures, invests in start-up and spin out companies, existing SMEs engaged in translation of research, and company formation opportunities to support business growth and a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in Australia
- Science and Industry Endowment Fund (SIEF) grants to science and scientists for the purposes of assisting Australian industry, furthering the interests of the Australian community and contributing to solving national challenges.
* The CSIRO Innovation Fund, managed by Main Sequence Ventures and SIEF are independent from CSIRO.
Strategic focus areas for 2020–24:
- stimulating research, innovation and entrepreneurship across the Australian innovation system
- supporting a portfolio of deep technology companies to achieve their long-term goals
- being the investor of choice for Australian deep technology entrepreneurs
- encouraging STEM uptake in education and training, and retaining talent in STEM industries.
Key activities for 2020–21
CSIRO Innovation Fund
Partners and investors: Manage CSIRO Innovation Fund 1 and conduct capital raise from market to build CSIRO Innovation Fund 2 (trading as Main Sequence Ventures).
Science and Industry Endowment Fund (SIEF)
Australia’s sustainable future: Assist the SIEF Trustee to deliver grant programs to support scientific research that addresses national challenges and delivers education programs in STEM education pathways and employment in New South Wales.
- Australian industries maintain and improve their competitiveness through the application of new technologies and solutions.
|Strategic investments by SIEF in scientific research to address national challenges for Australia.||SIEF invests in programs aligned with published strategic objectives that address national challenges and contribute to Australia’s sustainable future.||Evidenced by an impact case study or evaluation for each active SIEF program||Evidenced by an impact case study or evaluation for each active SIEF program||Evidenced by an impact case study or evaluation for each active SIEF program||Evidenced by an impact case study or evaluation for each active SIEF program|