Safe, positive culture
We deliver on this requirement by:
- understanding our future workforce needs and ensuring we have the right capabilities (including leadership) at the right time
- supporting our people to thrive and to value their health, safety and wellbeing
- shifting the needle on all elements of our cultural vision and continuing to invest in our leaders
- attracting, developing and retaining the nation’s best and brightest to solve complex, emergent challenges for Australia’s prosperity into the future.
Strategic focus areas for 2020–21:
- caring for our people’s safety and the environment so that everyone thrives and goes home safely
- building our capability to deliver on our strategy now and for the future
- nurturing and attracting world-class talent for CSIRO and Australia, and creating a people experience that delights
- developing outstanding leadership and building a culture to support our purpose and vision.
Key activities for 2020–21
Safety and culture
Health, Safety and Environment Management Culture and System: Establish a single system as a seamless part of how we do business. A proactive, fit-for-purpose risk management culture and consistent processes and standards will embed health and safety within our vibrant culture.
Refresh culture plan including wellbeing and values: Refresh our culture plan for a proactive, holistic approach to our values and employee health and wellbeing to support and enable our people to thrive at work.
CSIRO Workforce strategy including interchange: Establish and embed a strategy for our workforce to understand how to best access, develop, engage and internally mobilise our people so we can achieve our purpose and vision.
New ways of working: Establish more flexible and agile ways of working by providing our people with improved remote working arrangements, enhanced digital tools and platforms, and modern (including virtual) laboratories and meeting spaces.
- Our people are engaged and empowered in their work.
- Our innovation culture and operations enhance the wellbeing of our people.
- Our workforce is inclusive, harnessing the full potential of our people.
|Staff safety, health and wellbeing||Staff Survey: staff wellbeing responses||71||72||73||74|
|Hazard reporting (number of hazards recorded by staff in the health, safety and environment system)||1,080 reports||1,440 reports||1,800 reports||1,800 reports|
|Cultural health||Staff Survey: Sustainable Engagement Score||81%||81%||82%||82%|
|Diversity in leadership: proportion of female leaders (as defined by organisation role)||34%||35%||36%||37%|