Strategy at a glance
Purpose: We solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Vision: We are Australia’s innovation catalyst, collaborating to boost Australia’s innovation performance.
Objectives: Primary activities to deliver our purpose
- Conduct and encourage the uptake of world-class scientific research.
- Mobilise and develop the best talent, for the benefit of Australia.
- Manage national research infrastructure for the nation.
- Ensure the sustainability of CSIRO.
Challenges and missions: Six challenges we’re helping the nation to solve including through large-scale collaborative research missions.
- Health and wellbeing
- Food security and quality
- A secure Australia and region
- Resilient and valuable environments
- Sustainable energy and resources
- Future industries.
Strategic pillars: The core areas that guide our operations
- Customer focus
- Thriving people and teams
- Collaborative networks
- Solutions from science
- National benefit from global engagement.
Values: The centre of our cultural vision.
- People first
- Further together
- Making it real
Our purpose and strategy